History

1928

Johann Mohr establishes shoemaker’s workshop at Dorf 1 in Selbitz, Upper Franconia.
He is also the namesake of today’s word mark JOMOS: Johann Mohr Selbitz.

1945

1948

New construction of the building used to date as residence and production building as the as yet unpaved Garlesstraße.
Wooden service buildings for production and storage are built next door.

1970

1972

Expansion of production.
The „U“ closes up, but the wooden buildings from the early postwar period are still standing.

1984

1984

Helmut Mohr decides to introduce the modern PU direct soling process. JOMOS aircomfort is born.
All JOMOS shoes from now on are very lightweight and especially cushioning.

1990

1997

Factory expanded with a modern storage and shipping warehouse in place of the last low postwar buildings. JOMOS is growing.

2011

2018

JOMOS looks back in gratitude upon a 90-year history. Producing shoes in Germany remains an interesting challenge which also the fourth is motivated to overcome.